Thursday, September 4, 2008

Slow week....

I've not accomplished much this week at all....so far one 2 mile run...wow.. I was scheduled for a tempo run this morning, but it didn't' happen. Will try to get it in tomorrow. I guess I feel a little lost now that I'm not training for a triathlon. (although working on training for a 10k) Next week I'm starting a 2 month, twice a week class with a trainer, I'm excited about that, as I've really not done much strength training and never used any weight machines. Hopefully I can gain some insight into how to best train for my goals for next year. I've not done hardly any swimming and I need to work on fitting that in sometime. It is one of my biggest weakness...swimming that is, not fitting things in, although that may be a weakness too. I don't really have any strengths yet, I'm just king of average (or lower) at all of it. But I love it. :) I don't mind being a back of the packer... :)

So my objective is to figure out what to do from here, where to go, and what to do to be able to compete better and stronger and longer (I would like to do at least an oly) next year. Input?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Better to be in the back of the pack than not be in the pack at all :)

Rachel said...

Pick a challenging race. Sign up. Motivation? Check!