Saturday, September 20, 2008

I guess I'm not an animal...

Yet.
Funny isn't it how when your thinking about something you come across something that pertains to it. I was just commenting that I don't think I push myself. I don't know if I just don't like the pain or I'm lazy or I just don't know how. I may push myself to exercise, but I don't push myself to run faster, or to not walk. If I feel tired I will walk, when in reality I know I could run farther. Now I know that I obviously have pushed myself some to get to the point I am, but I don't know that I push myself enough....no that's not right.... I know I don't push myself enough.....I think I want to be an animal...but do I have what it takes?



Running hurts. It always has. Woolly mammoths didn't just roll over onto a plate and serve themselves up to prehistoric man with fries and a shake. They had to be caught - and running down woolly mammoths was a bitch. Guess what?Running is still a bitch. But one with a purpose. It teaches us that good things do not come easy. It teaches us that we are capable of more than we think. It teaches us that hard work will be rewarded and laziness will be punished. Don't expect to learn those life lessons from running's shiftless stepchild, jogging.Next time you
suffer on the roads or trails, suffer proudly. It means you run like an animal. ~ Pearl Izumi

No comments: