Thursday, September 1, 2011

Three Thing Thursday-New beginnings, new things, New Year....

1. Update on being a Skirt Chaser Kick Start Personal motivator....things are going well! At least I hope they are. I’m impressed with the progress “my” racer has made in the first 3 weeks! We were able to do a total of 2 miles- running for 10 minutes and then walking for a bit and running again. We would have gone a 3rd time but the rain came in and along with that lightning. We felt it best not to continue to run around the lake. It’s been fun to be reminded of the feelings that I experienced when I was first starting. The pride and confidence that you gain each time you go a little further or push a little harder then you thought you could. She is doing a great job at being consistent in getting out and that is the key I think. Now, because of course I need a skirt to wear for the race on October 1st. I ordered one to match the top that I purchased at the Boulder 70.3 expo.

Skirt Sport Cover Girl Skirt


It came yesterday and after the UPS guy rang the bell I seriously ran upstairs to try it on I was so excited! LOVE IT!


So if you were going to encourage someone to start and keep running how would you do it? What would you tell them? Any words of wisdom or quotes to share?

2. New tires and tubes!!!!! This should take care of the flat issue! I went with a thorn resistant tube this time around...wow those suckers are thick. I can’t wait to get out and ride! I did just a short test run and I could tell that the new tires have a completely different feel! NIICCCCEEE!!!


3. Are you planning your 2012 season already? I just realized yesterday that I signed up for the Boulder series for this year in October of last year. Which means if I have plans of giving it another go next year I will have to be making that decision soon. In past years it has been almost as cheap to sign up for the whole series as is it was to do the 70.3 only. Not sure that I want to face that $%#%$#%# hill again in the Boulder Peak, that scares me far more than doing the 70.3 again. :)

14 comments:

Unknown said...

I've given thought to next season, but haven't officially chosen my races yet. I've still got my "a" race for this year in a week and a half though. Once that's done, I'll probably make solid choices for next year.

Come up here and do the Calgary 70.3 with me! ;) (haha, and here I said I haven't picked races...)

Colorado Gal said...

You know I'm already thinking of next season! I have to register early because otherwise, I'll chicken out. If I've already paid the couple hundred dollars in registration fees, there's no going back.

That hill does look brutal in the Boulder Peak! I've done the sprint, but never the longer distances there. Hmmmm....

Terzah said...

Do the whole series!!! This time I will do my best to come out and support you in whichever race you choose. I have never watched a tri and would be so excited to help out.

BTW, my kids will be five in December. So if you didn't get a straight night's sleep for six years, does that mean I have only a year and a half of it left??? Wow, I can't wait. Just stop me if I ever talk about having another baby.

Jill said...

1) I am seriously proud of you taking your runner and motivating her - you guys are going to ROCK that 5k in a few weeks, I just know it. It is hard I think for someone starting who has never been a runner, but there is nothing as rewarding as crossing that finish line and I know once she does, with your warm soul and kind heart guiding her way, she is going to want sign up to keep running. CUTE skirt, btw!! And you'll get a cute one at the race, too...jealous that they are pink lined this year...last year they were ugly!

2) Fingers crossed the new tires and tubes are you meal ticket to flat-free rides. You terrify me with all your flats, probably why I don't ride anymore...it's all your fault!! Bahaha. Let's get a ride down one of these days soon, ok? Ok! Just wait for my sorry out of biking shape butt!!

3) At least in the marathon world, you sort of have to keep an eye on the race calendar fairly early because marathons fill and close within days sometimes. But I've eaten the cost of so many races in the past year and a half with my foot, I am trying not to focus on too much until I can get through a few pain-free months. You should think about doing the Chilly Cheeks Duathlon series I did last year (Dec, Jan, Feb); you get sweat pants instead of a shirt - and it's pretty fun. I enter the mt. bike division because there's less serious racers in this division and last year I got first in my ag and scored a ton of loot :).

Been thinking about you....we need more Mexican food soon, I think! :)
xo

Jennifer said...

Thanks for posting the update on "your" runner - glad to hear that it's going well! Haven't signed up for anything for 2012 yet, but I've do have 6 things on my wishlist already - starting with the Resolution Run on Jan 1, great way to kick off the year! Sounds like it will be worth your while to sign up for the series...hill or no hill...!

sugarmagnolia70 said...

Have I THOUGHT about 2012 yet? Well, let's put it this way....I signed up for my first race of the year (a half mary in January) a few months ago. Yeah, I'm obsessed. Happy racing! :)

Junk Food Runner said...

Cute skirt! I love running skirts. Then again, I love all running clothes :)

I have 2 races planned so far for 2012 in March and May, but nothing beyond that.

Junk Food Runner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diana said...

I look back at pics of myself just a few years ago and that inspires me!
I read all these great blogs I've followed now for quite some and they inspire me!
I may not be the fastest, nor do I care about that-but I enjoy just coming across the finish line! Now that I've gotten a few runs in again, I so missed that "high" that comes from them....
I'm sure you're 2012 is gonna rock! If you get bored running, there's always KB's!!!

Christi said...

Great job for taking on a runner. That is so fun to help someone join the fun.

Good luck!

Aimee said...

That skirt is too cute! And, Yay for your skirt chaser personal motivator deal going well!!! :)

Ugh...I still have IMAZ to think about in Nov!!!! 2012 is not even a tiny thought in my mind yet!

adena said...

I wish I was your runner!!! My coach has my 2012 season all set up (god help me).. can't wait to see what yours shapes up to be. :-)

Mandie said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and we'll talk about it.

Thanks!

Mandie Hayes
mandie.hayes10@gmail.com

T said...

aw, come on, stage was fun! really!

*cough*

we're doing chilly cheeks to round out the season, even though our season is officially *over.* chilly cheeks will be used mostly as a way to train in the winter. 2012 is going to be a lot of short course racing for speed work because, as the plan goes, 2013 is ironman year. *eek*