Saturday, June 18, 2011

Whats in a number?

Tomorrow kicks off the Boulder Tri seiries. The 5430 Sprint, next month is the oly Boulder Peak and then August brings the Boulder Ironman 70.3. As you may remember on my last race my number was 666. Tomorrow's race number is 1147. When I first saw it I thought that's cool, my birthday is in November and I'm racing as a 47 year old this year. hmm...then when I picked up my stuff and they told me to grab a timing chip strap, I pulled one out and as I walked off looked at it and it was marked with 1122...my birth date in November is the 22nd. So on the 22nd of the 11th month I'll be 47....any chance this is good luck and I'll have a great race? I'm hoping so. Went this afternoon to do just a really short swim and see how the shoulder/rib thing is and make sure I still know how to swim after not having done it for nearly 2 weeks!!! I gotta say I'm a little nervous. It felt really great today but I could feel it a couple times on the swim and I can feel it more in the shoulder blade area now after a measly 400 yard swim. So hears hoping I have no problems tomorrow and even more importantly that it doesn't cause me to miss any more training. I'm going to start to feel like I'm even more behind if I miss any more.

Hoping everyone is having a great training/race weekend!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

All signs point to a great race :-) Make sure your rib/shoulder know that they are expected to cooperate! Looking forward to reading about it afterwards.

Junk Food Runner said...

That is quite a coincidence about your race and timing number! I think it's a sign that it will be a great race for you. I have had issues with pains/injuries showing up right before a race but every time everything works out! Good luck!

Matthew Smith said...

Well, the numbers are really looking good for you. Tomorrow is going to be awesome. Good luck, and I can't wait for the race report.

Terzah said...

All the signs point toward good luck for you! I'm sleeping in, but will be thinking of you while making my husband his Fathers' Day French toast. GOOD LUCK and have fun! You triathletes impress me.

A Prelude To... said...

You're going to have a great race - whether the numbers point to it or not!! You are ready for this!

Michael said...

That's really cool about your race number! I hope it does mean good luck. Hope you are feeling 100% soon!