Thursday, February 17, 2011

What's for Dinner? Lemon Garlic Chicken (with Potatoes)

Beth at SUAR, you do read Beth's blog don't you? Posted that she was going to try making this for dinner and it sounded so good I had to give it a try too. It was super easy and all in all pretty good as well as something for all of us. Pretty healthy for me, meat for the meat lover (oldest son) and potatoes for the carb lover (youngest son). When all was said and done the reviews were just so-so. I enjoyed it but while the potatoes had really great flavor the chicken didn't seem to absorb it quite as much. Still all in all it was tasty.

Kotopoulo Skorthato: Lemon Garlic Chicken (with Potatoes)

Cook Time: 1 hour, 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 40 minutes


Ingredients:
•3 1/4 - 3 3/4 pound chicken, cut into quarters ( I used leg/thigh pieces)
•3 1/2 pounds of potatoes
•juice from 2-3 medium lemons
•2 teaspoons of salt
•1 heaping tablespoon of oregano
•1/2 teaspoon of pepper
•8 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
•1/2 cup of olive oil (didn't measure how much I used but probably 1/4 cup)
•1 1/2 cups of water (I only added 1/2 cup and I used chicken bullion)
Preparation:
Preheat oven to 355°F (180°C).

Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Peel the potatoes and cut into quarters, lengthwise. Salt and pepper the chicken and potatoes. Transfer chicken to a roasting pan, and add potatoes, on and around the chicken. Add oregano, garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice, distributing evenly across the pan. Add water and roast uncovered at 355°F (180°C) for a total of 1 hour and 40 minutes. Half way through (50 minutes), turn the chicken.



Yield: serves 4

6 comments:

adena said...

Of course I read Beth but I need to catch up cause I missed this. I will be making this on the weekend!

Christi said...

It sure looks yummy!

Carly said...

Well that sounds easy enough. Looks good too. :-)

Jacqui said...

that looks really good! I think I'll be making that this weekend too... I may try to marinate the chicken with extra lemon juice for a few hours before.. just to get a bit more flavor. Thanks for sharing!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

That looks so good, yum

Michael said...

This looks delicious....too bad I've sworn off chicken for the time being :)