Thursday, February 3, 2011

What's for dinner? Turkey Meatloaf

Lest you think that all my new recipes are fantastic I bring you this meatloaf...
What were you thinking?!?!??!
The meat loving son exclaimed when I cut in to this turkey meatloaf. He had been starving and waiting for this for the best part of an hour. The fact that it was made with ground turkey was not a problem, we've had many good turkey meatloaves, the fact it contained lentils....now that was a problem. I keep trying to like lentils and I just don't. I don't know why. Maybe I just don't know how to cook them. While I was not as repulsed by this as my boys I didn't really like it either, in fact in a rare occurrence around this two teen boy home with a cheap mom, the leftovers ended up in the trash. If you like lentils and would like to give this a try let me know and I will gladly give you the recipe or if you have a lentils recipe guaranteed to make me like them bring it on!


Wow meatloaf really doesn't photograph well.


I did really enjoy the glaze that was on this and might try that on another recipe. Oh well they can't all be good right?

3 comments:

Kevin said...

I'm not a lentils fan either. I like turkey meatloaf but it is much better if you mix the meat with pork, veal, buffalo, etc.

Kevin
HalfTRIing.blogspot.com

Meg said...

hahah!! Too funny about your boys ditching it. I've had some good lentils, but they were smothered in molasses...

Patrick said...

I had my time with trying to work in lentils and gave up. There must be a secret hogwarts like school out there that teaches the art of lentil love, but I have yet to find it. Until I do lentils will not enter my body that have been prepared by my hands.

Have a Great weekend!