Friday, August 15, 2008

It's been a good week!


Training (I prefer to call it training over exercise, makes me want to do it more, mind games you know!) this week has been good, really productive. I decided this week that I'm going to learn how to swim. Now I know that sounds funny considering I've done 3 open water swims at the Boulder Stroke & Stride and an open water swim in the Tri for the Cure, but that face in the water thing had just not been working for me. :)So I've finally learned to listen to the fishys and talk to the fishys (as the kiddie swim instructors say)...I was able to do a whole lap keeping my face in the water with proper breathing, well at least closer anyway! I feel like this is such a huge accomplishment! I also did my first real speed work in a run. As I'm sure I stated above I am a very slow runner, so I did 3 x 800's at about a 10:00 pace, well ok actually one was 11:00 the other 2 were 10:00. For me this was another huge jump. I actually started to feel like some day I could be a faster runner!

No comments: