Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Style X 2
Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say and not giving a damn.- Gore Vidal
And bloggers know how to say what they want!
For the 2nd time I've received the Stylish Blogger award. Thanks to Michael at Slowly Tri-ing Michael is a new blogger and has some pretty good stuff to say so make sure if you haven't checked her out yet stop by and encourage her!
Ok the rules
1. Make this a post and link back to the person who gave the award to you
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 5 great bloggers
4. Contact the bloggers and tell them they've won
Last time I followed some other bloggers by taking the award litteraly and posting some really stylish pictures, this time I'll play more by the rules and post some things about myself.
1. My dad comes from a family with 12 children 6 boys and 6 girls. They produced 24 children 12 boys and 12 girls. My mom is a twin and has twin brothers. I always thought this was a little strange.
2. I’ve only had 4 jobs and 4 cars in my 46 years. I guess I’m not big on change.
3. I seem to have a pretty high tolerance for pain. Both of my children were delivered with no pain mediation/epidurals, although to be truthful there was a time with the first one that I was ready for some but it was to late and the 2nd child came so fast that I didn't even have chance to hurt. I also have had dental work, cavities filled, yes including drilling, and deep cleanings with no Novocain. I really hate having a numb mouth.
4. I’m a Denver native which is somewhat rare…but even more rare then that may be the fact that I’ve only been skiing once.
5. I’m cheap…I don’t know if it’s because I’ve always had to watch my money or some other deep seated issue…As you may have noticed in pictures my Garmin is old, bought new but not the year it came out. And believe it or not I still have a 27” non HD TV and my cell phone is not fancy. I have a hard time buying things to replace things that still work. This may or may not apply to bikes and some other tri gear... priorities you know.
6. I have 2 tattoo’s one that I got at 18 on my shoulder and one that I got after my divorce in 2002 on my lower back. I have to admit the idea of getting a swim, bike, run tattoo when I complete the 70.3 is in the back of my mind.
7. I smoked for 20+ years much of it heavily like 2 packs a day. I quit 10 years ago. I do however on occasion do smoke, usually when drinking.
There is some pretty random stuff for you. And as for who to pass this on to I'm going to cop out and pass it on to anyone that hasn't done it yet! Or anyone who want's to do it again!
Go on be Stylish!