Thursday, August 4, 2011

Three thing Thursday.....Is it enough

Images from Boulder Tri Series FB page taken at Boulder Peak

1. So my totals for last two months, small compared to many and as with most people I look at them and compare and can't help but wonder...Is it enough? Will this get me through the race on Sunday. I sure hope so. Do I have a goal? No not really. I would like it to be under 7 hours, which is slow I know but that's how I roll. :) If it's over 7 hours I'm not going to worry about that either. Cross the finish line upright that is my goal.
July's totals:
Bike:14h 18m 53s - 206.5 Mi
Run:13h 10m 04s - 58.76 Mi
Swim:4h 07m 33s - 10172 Yd

June's totals:
Bike:15h 52m 57s - 220.11 Mi
Run:10h 25m 27s - 51.95 Mi
Swim:

4h 39m 30s - 11225 Yd


2. Good luck to everyone I know that is racing up in Boulder this weekend including my pals from the rest of the series Paul, Sarah and Kathleen friends from BT Steve and Gaye and fellow bloggers Beth, Nora, Tea, Duane and Bill. I feel like I'm missing someone and if it's you please don't be offended my brain is just dead right now. Good Luck All! Have a safe and FUN race!

3. And last but certianly not least I just want to give a shout out to JohnP at Lord of the Chainring. He’s just posted his race report from IMLP and although it was verrryyy long it was one of the most entertaining race reports I've ever read. . It’s got a little of everything in it, humor, competitiveness, deep thoughts, dark places and romance..yes romance in a race report. Take some time to go read it! And way to go John!

3 more days!

9 comments:

Karen said...

Have a great race this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Is that where we will be?? It's almost time!!

Emz said...

3 more days. So freaking awesome.
Rock it!!

Jill said...

What a gorgeous morning shot! Just think of the calm and peacefulness in that photo the next three days. It's ok to be nervous, the race deserves it really, but you are going to persevere and come out of this so much stronger. Who the hell cares how long it takes you to do it - you're doing it and that shows are freaking tough you are!!!

JohnP said...

Yay you! 3 More days - I can't wait to hear about your experience! You are going to kill it!

This is really exciting!!!!!!

Just keep moving foward. Thats it. It's that simple. No matter what you commit to going the distance. Nobody and nothing can stop you! I mean NOTHING! you are ready.

Thanks for the shout-out! :) I'm honored!

Diana said...

I can't wait to read all about how great you did this coming weekend!

Try to relax and try to sleep!
Best of luck


Have fun and be safe!

Terzah said...

It's DEFINITELY enough--tapering is all about second-guessing. You will be great. I can't wait to hear the tale of your big adventure.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Is this a WTC race? Whats your bib number?

Chuck said...

Thought of you and wondered how things were going. Have a great race! I'm sure you are sufficiently prepared. Just go with it and have a great time!
Kettie
(your one-time cycling companion)