Sunday, December 26, 2010

The best of 2010

Wow what a great year 2010 has been! I had so very many favorite things it will be hard to choose among them!

Favorite Race: I had to pick two ok maybe three :) ... what can I say I told you it was a great year.

1st place I loved everything about the Iron Girl Race. From the venue to the weather to the swag. But most of all I loved the people. Race Report here


It was the first time I met Kathleen from Dare To Dream and Aimee from I Tri To Be Me Both are such great people and consider to inspire me!




Also racing was friend from CWW Kelli. It was so nice to see her!



2nd place was the Denver Rock 'n' Roll 1/2 Marathon this race was all about the people! It was fun to be part of the inaugural race but overall not quite what I expected. But it was so SO fun to see so many people that I knew out on the course. Race report here



Kathleen and I



My Cousins mom Jan (she just turned 70!) and my cousin Craig and I.
Me and my cousin Nicole and her husband Mike.


Also out there was Sarah running with Kathleen most of the race and then caught me and helped me to finish strong! Another cousin Robin running and many other relatives cheering on the course. In addition I was pleased with my race (a PR!) as well as the fact that I felt good after the race!




And an honorable mention goes to the Tri for the Cure, race report here, again it's all about the people! It was so nice to have my boys out at this race taking pics and cheering me on!



Favorite Training Run:


Without a doubt the run I did with Kathleen on the Highline Canal there are a couple reasons for this. First off again the people. I enjoyed running with Kathleen and we ran into Aimee out there so that was fun. But also because for the first time I found out that I can run without stopping for walk breaks. I ran (with the exception of a potty break) the entire 11 miles with no walking! Amazing!

Kathleen and I during the Park to Park 10 mile race


Favorite Just for fun Run:


That would have to be the run I did with my Dad at Thanksgiving out on the golf course. It was a really good time! And it was so fun to be somewhere different that you would not usually run!






Favorite Picture while training:



Bridge right before you go down into Golden on the Clear Creek Trail


Favorite Accomplishment:

Finishing the Creek Streak Olympic distance tri. Race Report here I was very proud of myself for getting this done! It wasn't pretty but I did finish.




In 2011 I look forward to many more great moments with those of you I've already met and hopefully some new friends too. I also am looking forward to some new adventures and accomplishments and a year every bit as great as this one.

3 comments:

Christi said...

What a great year of racing and fun with friends and family! I hope you have a fabulous year in 2011! And I really hope we can finally meet each other!

Aimee said...

What a fun post! It looks and sounds like you had an awesome year! I'm sure 2011 will be even better!
I, too, loved the IronGirl race! It was so fun meeting you and the race itself was just awesome!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Awesome!