Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Perks and no Pain

Volunteer! What a great time I had volunteering at the finish line of the Boulder Peak Tri this past weekend, and you end up with a goody bag and a t-shirt. (I kind of like this one too! Pretty blue!) It is so much fun to see the reactions of everyone when they finish. I loved that almost everyone finished looking strong and happy. Somewhat unlike the finish line of a marathon. I saw lots of pain on many of those faces. If you've never volunteered I highly recommend it. It's fun! And best of all I got to see Kathleen from Dare To Dream finish. If you haven't read her race report hop on over and read it. She did a fabulous job in overcoming some pretty major obstacles that were trying to get in her way.


Baby steps. So this week is the week I plan to test the waters and see if I can actually do that Olympic distance tri I've been thinking/training for. Creek Streak Tri . My plan is to start with a 1500m swim tomorrow at the Stroke & Stride . I'm skipping the run part because I know I'm slow and don't want to be last. :) Ok that's only part of the reason. I also have a long run I need to do Friday and don't want to mess that up. And then my next baby step, I'm assuming here that the swim goes well. I've signed up to do an oly rehearsal with CWW on Sunday. Now if all goes well I will go ahead and sign up. I for the Creek Streak. There are not a lot of choices for oly tri's especially in August so I picked this one because I just don't feel confident in my abilities to do Rattlesnake and the only other one I saw was in Boulder but it's the evening/afternoon one and I wasn't sure that's what I wanted to do. So that leaves Creek Streak. While the course is not that exciting it is known. I'll be doing Tri for the Cure out there the weekend before as I've done the last 2 years as well as Crescent moon last year. Baby steps that's what I'm taking.

3 comments:

Diana said...

Steady strides towards our goals is the best!
You will do great! Stay positive, keep those reasons you do these things on your mind!

Aimee said...

I hope the stroke n stride goes well for you! I think you should definitely sign up for the Oly. You can do it!

Kathleen said...

Thanks for the nice words!
I hope the Stroke and Stride went well. I was thinking of you.
We should go for a run sometime. I think we would be very compatible in that area. I hope the rehearsal goes well. I know you can do it!