Thursday, March 26, 2009

Follow me!



I've been a bit down latley but after reading this

Happiness is Contagious!

A recent study published in the British Medical
Journal shows that happiness is contagious among social networks. This is true whether the network is in person or online! It's a chain reaction of
happiness that has a positive impact on the people around us. In short, if
your friend is happy, you are more likely to be happy, at least 15% more likely. If a friend of a friend is happy, then you are 10% more likely to be
happy. If a friend of a friend of a friend is happy, then you are 6% more
likely to catch that happiness. Similar studies have found that social ties
also affect your habits. When someone quits smoking cigarettes, for example, a friend of theirs has a 36% more likely chance of quitting as well. It is interesting to note how much of an influence we have on other people, even if we don't directly see it. We can literally radiate happiness, and like sunshine share that warmth with the world.


I've decided enough is enough! It's time to move on down the road to happiness!

3 comments:

Calyx Meredith said...

I will get on that train! Let's leave the blah's behind. :D

Diana said...

Nice blog Julie! Thanks so much for the comment, glad you liked what I wrote. I can't believe how many great people I've met (cyberly at least) through this blogging stuff. I get so much inspiration, motivation and training tips not to mention the huge belly laughs from all I read. I will be adding yours to my sidebar-thanks for looking in!

Formulaic said...

Nice post! I love the idea.

I love the blog itself. It's so positive. Very inspirational.