Sunday, April 1, 2012

Well...glad I got that out of the way for the year

Yep...I fell over on my bike (and I hope that it is the only time this year!) I tried to make a really sharp turn while maneuvering thought these bumpy things and the next thing you know... boom.  Jill managed to contain most of her laughter while I'm sure being very thankful it wasn't her. It could have been worse, and it didn't stop it from being a beautiful ride and as always a great time. The weather here in Denver has just been crazy warm. 80's both days this weekend! It will be interesting to see what the rest of spring and summer brings us.

Week 2 of 70.3 training brought still no two- a- day workouts, but another week of 6 workouts. 4 - runs,  1- swim and 1 - bike.  Still not where I need to be but luckily there is plenty of time for improvements. I did have more miles running this week than I have since last spring. Although I was close to this mileage at the end of my 70.3 training last year. That is not to say it was good. I had only 17 miles, not near enough with a 1/2 mary in two weeks. Today's "long" run of 7 miles was slow, really slow and in fact was mostly a 2 minute run 1 minute walk.  Lucky for me those I will be doing it with have had as many issues as I and are no better trained. :) I think it will just be a fun run/walk with friends. This weekends "long" run will likely be my last before the 1/2. Not because I need to taper :) but because  I'll be heading to Florida for a long weekend visit with my Mom and Dad. I'm excited to see them and with any luck it will help them to have a different face around  for a few days. Mom seems to be improving slowly but steadily. I'm hoping that this week will bring no setbacks and lots of gains! I told her I would like to see her out of bed and walking some when I get there.

14 comments:

Colorado Gal said...

The weather has been nuts! I'm not used to it so I forgot sunscreen running today and got lobsterized :)

Jill said...

I definitely was not laughing...I was actually impressed with myself for getting through that entire 28 miles without falling, as I usually do. That corner was a disaster waiting to happen. Perhaps if we KNEW it wasn't a trail we could actually ride on, then that stupid call wouldn't have come. I am so sorry that happened to you...that knee seemed to get worse and worse as we rode. :( I'm still laughing how lost we continuously got.

I am so excited you are heading to Florida - I hope it's the answer to your mom's improvement to get home!! Safe travels, my sweet friend!!

Matthew Smith said...

Oh No! I'm sorry you went down! That's no fun at all. But, at least there weren't any broken bones!

Good for your for all that training. Keep up the good work, and TRY to stay upright! :)

brg said...

oopsie! glad it was only a bit of road rash and nothing more serious.

Aimee said...

Oh man..sorry about your fall! BUT, I'm glad you're alright!

I hope you have a great trip to Florida! I'm glad to hear that your mom is improving!

Christi said...

I fall once a year! You can count on it. I am glad it wasn't anything serious!

What training plan are you using for your 1/2? I don't know what I should use. Suggestions?

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I am glad your ok, I already went down this year, I know how much it sucks

Jennifer said...

OUCH. Congrats on getting back into training - how do you feel (aside fromt the road rash)?

Have a great visit with your mom!

Terzah said...

Yes, that's your one fall for the year! I'm glad it wasn't more serious, though clearly no fun.

I'm glad your mom's progress has been steady and that you get to see her this weekend. I hope your trip goes WELL for everyone. I am sad not to hook up with you for the race on the 15th, but it's for the best. I'm trying to decide if I should get my packet anyway....it might make me too sad, but on the other hand, I did pay for it....hmmm...

Michael said...

Ouch. I hate falling on the bike....it sucks and it scares the crap out of me just thinking about it. Glad you were ok, and that you could have a friend to laugh at you..nice.

Tara said...

LOL. Sorry about the fall, but it sounds like you had a good ride anyway. Plus you probably didn't have to stop 20 times for bathroom breaks!

How is your mom doing? Better I hope?

Unknown said...

Ouch. At least not too bad. Your bike is okay?

adena said...

We have matching knees! I'm considering getting the bruising and scaring tattooed on. I haven't fallen yet, but I will. Glad you are ok. Sorry I've been out of touch, still trying to get back at it and it's not going well. Miss you though.

Beauty girl said...

nfl jerseys cheap
nba jerseys cheap