Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Every little bit helps...

I can feel myself getting stronger every workout and it feels good! I did some thinking this week while out on the bike. I found a pretty decent route that gets me off of the bike paths and one that can be extended. I like the paths at busy times when I don't want to be on the roads, but it can be a big of a drag to dodge people and dogs, not to mention all the sharp curves and bridges. But I digress....this weekend was my oldest sons 16th birthday. I was thinking back to me and what I was like 16 years ago. I was heavier (even not pregnant) I smoked, and I did absolutely no exercise. So while having a 16 year old may make some feel old, I just feel good. Good about where I am in my life. And good about where my life if going.

Week 5 totals
Includes 2 bikes, 2 runs, 3 swims
Bike: 32 Mi
Run: 6 Mi
Swim: 2.5 Mi

Off to a good start this week too. Although I really need to get 3 runs in along with the 3 swims. I'm having a hard time scheduling it. I would really like get the extra workouts in with the Boulder Boulder coming up so soon. Even if I don't have a time goal, I would like to be able to do it with out suffering. :)

1 comment:

Diana said...

Way to "look" at things through a different view!
My son being 14, I too think back 14 years ago....UGH!
Nice workouts!